Stroke Systems of Care Workgroup
Date(s) - 01/12/2023
10:30 am - 11:30 am
Purpose: The intent of this workgroup is to support Oakland and Macomb County stroke systems of care through meetings organized and moderated by Oakland and Macomb MCA’s. Visit OCMCA.org/stroke for more details
How do I attend the meetings?
- No registration required. All meetings will be facilitated via zoom and designed to last 30 to 60-minutes.
- Zoom Meeting Link: The same zoom link will be used for all meetings. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86127022007
What is the purpose of the workgroup?
The intent is to support Oakland and Macomb County stroke systems of care through meetings organized and moderated by Oakland and Macomb MCA’s. Specifically, the primary objectives include:
- Identify ongoing strengths, weaknesses, and lessons learned regarding prehospital stroke care in Oakland and Macomb
- Make ongoing recommendations to OCMCA and MCMCA regarding education needs, protocol modifications and/or any other needs or
- Identify additional agencies and hospitals to participate in the use of FAST-ED.
Who is invited to participate?
Anyone is welcome to attend, but the meetings will be objectively designed for OCMCA and MCMCA:
- Life support agency (LSA) representatives: Chiefs/CEOs, LSA physician medical directors, EMS and Training Coordinators, and instructors.
- Hospital representatives: ED physicians, ED Coordinators, as well as stroke team and interventional radiology team members.
- MCA representatives: EMS Medical Directors and Deputy Directors, MCA PSRO members, as well as MCA Executive Directors and any applicable staff
- BETP representatives: Select State EMS office representatives and Systems of Care Coordinators.